Our practice provides a wide range of services/equipment:
To name just a few:
- 15 minute Vet appointments, morning and evening for all your first-opinion and routine pet care needs (genuine emergencies will be prioritised according to need when triaged)
- 15 minute Nurse Clinic appointments -senior wellness, diabetic and weight clinics, post-operative checks, blood sampling, blood pressure checks, microchipping, advice on parasite control, suture removal and more. Please call for info on availability.
- Routine neutering and non-specialist surgeries – for cases requiring a specialist, we are happy to refer to all regional referral surgeons/medics such as Fitzpatrick’s and Southern Counties. Also, for certain cases, a visiting Specialist Vet (including dentistry and endoscopy) can be arranged for in-house surgery, which is convenient and can often save on referral costs.
- On-site laboratory for blood chemistry (monitoring thyroid, kidney, liver problems, tests for lungworm, parvovirus, pancreatic disease), microscopy (ear swabs, skin scrapes) and urine analysis.
- Separate cat ward with specially designed cages and Feliway diffuser 24/7 to ease their stress, separate dog ward and isolation ward.
- Separate Operating theatre with heated operating tabletop to keep our patients warm while under anaesthetic.
- Top quality multiparameter monitor – monitors your pet’s pulse and respiratory rate, oxygen and carbon dioxide levels, blood pressure and temperature while under anaesthesia.
- Incubator – a warm environment for recovering our small patients in after anaesthesia, and to provide an enriched-oxygen atmosphere for patients with respiratory problems.
- Imaging/dental room, housing our direct digital x-ray equipment, (speeding up the process of radiography for your pet), ultrasound machine, bronchoscope and high-quality dental machine
- Comfortable Family room for sensitive procedures requiring peace and quiet
- Portchester Pet Club – our monthly budget plan to help spread the cost of preventive care, covering annual vaccination, worming and flea control needs, also including 10% discount on all other in-house procedures/stock, a free microchip or bag of food at inception
- Pet Passports – Official Veterinary Surgeon for health examinations and completion of relevant paperwork for travel
If you have any questions about your pet’s need for treatment or a specific aspect of our service, please call the veterinary practice or email us.